The Award presented from everis foundation along with i-deals, recognizes the entrepreneurship talent in an international context with 60.000€ and specialized mentoring.
The XVII edition of the everis Awards for entrepreneurship has already its finalists. More than 60 national and international projects from Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Spain, USA, Italy, Mexico, Peru, Portugal and Uganda, have gone to Madrid and Barcelona to present their innovations to a panel of experts which has selected two finalists in each of the categories: Industrial and Energy Technologies, New Business Models in the Digital Economy, and Biotechnology and Health.
More than 1.000 projects from more than 20 countries have been submitted in this edition. The winners of the local everis Awards from Argentina, Colombia, Italy, Mexico and Peru, have also joined to the global semifinal where they have attended entrepreneur seminaries and interviews with Partners from everis Madrid and Barcelona.
i-deals will give advisory services to the finalists during a 3-month period aiming at enhancing their business models among others. At the end of this mentoring process, the finalists will be judged by experts in the different categories: Industry & Energy, Digital Economy and Biotechnology & Health. This panel will choose the winner of the XVI edition of the everis Awards, who will obtain a non-refundable prize of €60,000, as well as additional mentoring services.
These are the six finalists of the Awards edition:
INDUSTRY AND ENERGY
– Alén Space (Vigo, Spain). This team has been working more than 10 years in the development of satellites. The experience has allowed Alén to develop the technology and the innovative knowledge to produce satellites. Also, can provide proper technologies (software, subsystems…) in order to the necessity of each constellation. More info here.
– VEnvirotech Biotechnology (Barcelona, Spain). Startup specialized in the transformation of organic waste into PHA bioplastics that are characterized by being produced by bacteria and biodegradable in the environment and compatible with the human body. More info here.
– FOXID (Madrid, Spain). This Company provides real time solutions for the verification of identity documents (passports, DNI, driver’s licenses) from every country in the world, with a 99.9% of reliability. A worldwide accurate solution due to a software that verifies automatically identity documents and an expert group, in more than 150 countries, offers the knowledge to guarantee the validation. More info here.
– NAVILENS (Murcia, Spain). New digital visible signals based in a brand-new system of BIDI color code with special impact in visually impaired people, allowing them to be guided with autonomy in unfamiliar places, avoiding the help of others. More info here.
BIOTECHNOLOGY & HEALTH
– Echophone (Madrid, Spain). A high-performance pocket-sized ultrasound system specially designed for Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and Primary Care Practitioners (PCPs). Thanks to the Somax Systems technology you can have an extremely versatile, portable, autonomous, sterilizable, easy to use, able to work in every mobile device (smartphones, tablets, etc.) and from everywhere, and able for multiple specialties, carrying that way the highest image diagnostic technology where you need it. More info here.
– MJN Neuroserveis (Girona, Spain). MJN has developed SERAS, a device shaped as a unique earpiece that is able to register the electrical activity of the brain and realize a continuous electroencephalogram aside from the hospital field. Thanks to this development, MJN has the aim to give health Solutions in other pathologies with a brain origin: epilepsy, sleeping disorders (sleep apnea or nervous leg syndrome), ictus, schizophrenia, etc. More info here.